Since the advent of the Internet, physical telephone directories have been used less and less. According to YellowPagesOptOut.com, paper usage has declined by 70% since 2007, due to directory size changes, more efficient manufacturing, reduction in residential white pages and YellowPagesOptOut.com.
YellowPagesOptOut.com was developed in partnership between the Local Search Association (LSA) and the Association of Directory Publishers. It allows residents to easily and securely control the number of Yellow Pages telephone directories they receive or to stop directory delivery altogether.
How to stop the delivery of directories?
- Go to www.yellowpagesoptout.com.
- Register by providing all the required information, including a valid phone number.
- You will receive an email containing a temporary password and a link to the site.
- Use the link to return to the site and make directory choices or unsubscribe from all directories. You can stop the delivery by choosing “0” or increase the delivery up to “3” directories in some cases.
- Submit your selections.
- Receive a confirmation email for your records.